

Well, yesterday was the day! Pirates of the Caribbean At World's End was unveiled at a startling three hours long! I couldn't miss the opportunity, so I got a ticket and went to the Four o'clock showing with some friends. Overall, I enjoyed it. Sure, it had lots of faults, but it was Barbossa and Jack again! Critics across the internet are already complaining about the length of the movie and it's twisting plots, the cause of these two reasons are;
1. They foolishly bought a large soda.
2. They didn't do their daily Zen meditations beforehand.
In my point of view, the movie stood up well against the overpowering cliche of third movies being extremely intolerable. Lots of clever action, lots of clever lines. That's what makes Pirates' Pirates'. The only two problems I had with the movie were;
1. All the Calypso stuff, completely unnecessary and fairly weird.
2. The ending, which I am still struggling to get over.
Hopefully, POTC 4's sail will be on the horizon, to help fans deal with their inner sadness.
My advice is, go see the movie! Don't take kids younger than 9, or older than 90, and be sure to have an episode of Alf ready to watch when you get home, to raise your spirits.


No comments:
Post a Comment